Live Remote Proctoring
If you experience problems during your exam, any of the following may be required:
- another room scan
- showing your id
- contacting PSI technical and/or customer support at 855-340-0087.
- PSI may need to access your computer remotely to help resolve any technical issues.
Please note: ABNN does not recommend testing with LRP at your facility or hospital as you will likely run into an issue with their security firewalls. In work environments with firewalls, you must have administrative access to disable the firewall. This must be ensured prior to taking an exam on a work computer. The compatibility test does not test for administrative rights and firewalls.
Am I eligible for Live Remote Proctoring?
All nurses who meet ABNN’s eligibility requirements may choose live remote proctoring (LRP). LRP exams are by appointment only, and are designed to fit your schedule during your exam window. Testing may not be available on U.S. holidays. To test with LRP, you must meet technological requirements to ensure uninterrupted testing, including Wi-Fi, a PC or Desktop computer, hardware requirements (see website and handbooks for requirements), and a quiet, private testing environment.
Where do I take the Live Remote Proctored Exam?
Choose a calm, quiet area of your home that ideally can be closed off from distractions and other people. Children, pets and spouses should not be permitted in the testing area. Be sure your testing location is free from excess noise and distractions. Avoid public places like coffee shops or libraries, as well as workplace offices (as some may have firewalls that prohibit online testing).
LRP exams can be scheduled virtually any day or time (pending proctor availability and closures on US holidays).
How do I schedule a Live Remote Proctored Exam?
Ensure your contact information is correct in your ABNN Account. Once you complete your exam application and payment through ABNN:
- Click on “Book my Exam” found in the right-hand “Exam Details” Widget within your Certification Center or visit online PSI scheduling portal and click “Tests” to start the scheduling process.
- Click on the Schedule button next to the applicable exam to select your live remote proctored exam date and time.
To schedule by phone: Contact PSI customer service at 855-340-0087
After you schedule your exam, PSI will send a confirmation email listing your exam date and time.
What if I need to reschedule my exam?
You may reschedule your live remote proctored exam as many times as you need within your same exam window AND at least 48 hours prior to your currently scheduled exam. In order to cancel/reschedule an exam, candidates must visit the online PSI scheduling portal and click “Manage” on the top left of the PSI scheduling site to modify the booking.
Failure to cancel or reschedule within this time frame will result in forfeiting exam fees. By not starting your exam within 15 minutes after your scheduled appointment time, you automatically forfeit your examination scheduling fee. Fees are non-refundable.
If I am already scheduled for an In-Person Exam, can I switch to a Live Remote Proctored Exam?
If you are scheduled with PSI, simply log into the online PSI scheduling portal and click “Manage” on the top left of the site to modify the booking. Follow the same steps you went through to schedule initially. Once you are redirected to PSI you will be able to reschedule your exam to live remote proctoring.
The same process applies for switching an LRP exam to a testing center.
How do I prepare for my Live Remote Proctored Exam?
We recommend performing another compatibility check 72 hours before your scheduled exam time. You will receive a reminder email three days before your exam, which will have the information and steps you need for online check-in. Familiarize yourself with the instructions, and contact PSI with any questions you may have. Prior to the exam, make sure your testing space is prepared. Eat well, get adequate rest and plan time to unwind after the exam.
What technical requirements do I need to meet?
Before your equipment is tested by PSI, please ensure you have:
- Operating systems: Windows 7.0, 8.0, 8.1, 10.0; Macintosh 10 or Linux (Chrome Extension) NOTE: To have a more seamless process for taking the exam online, it is highly recommended to NOT use a Mac laptop or computer with the Catalina operation system for this exam. iPads, Chromebooks, and other tablet devices are not supported by PSI’s exam proctoring system.
- Web browser: Google Chrome 58.0 and above
- NOTE: if you use your computer’s built-in webcam, you will need to pick it up and move it around the room during the environment scan.
- Microphone: enabled built-in or external microphone
- Bandwidth: minimum connection speed of at least 50 kbits per second
What do I do if I don't pass the Compatibility Check?
- If you are using your work computer, please notify your IT department to review any security and privacy settings/restrictions in place; you may need to seek permission to lift or relax these settings in order to take your ABNN exam online.
- Please contact PSI Technical Support if you or your IT department have any questions about your compatibility test results.
- If you’re using your personal computer, contact PSI Customer Service for technical support at 855-340-0087.
- Note that exam purchases are nonrefundable. If your computer is unable to support taking the LRP exam, you will need to take the exam at a physical PSI location. Exams must be rescheduled 48 hours prior to the currently scheduled date.
What can I expect the day of the exam?
Collect the items you will need for the exam, including a government-issued photo ID that matches the name you used at registration. You may NOT have common office items in your testing space, including binders, reference materials and books, cell phones and chargers, sticky notes, plants, eyeglass cases or food. You may have a charger connected to your laptop for the duration of the exam.
For Exam Accommodations questions/concerns, please call 1-800-367-1565 ext. 6750 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST.
Before you begin taking your exam either via test center or LRP, you will be asked to confirm the name of the exam you are taking and then asked to agree to the PSI and ABNN Examination Rules and Regulations agreement regarding exam confidentiality. You will have five practice exam questions which are meant to familiarize you with the functionality of the exam. The timer begins counting when your exam begins.
What is the process to start the exam?
We suggest that you log into your PSI Scheduling Portal and click on the Manage button at least 30 minutes before the start time of your exam. This will give you adequate time to complete the necessary sign-in procedures (e.g. downloading the Secure Browser). Please note that the exam cannot be launched until 15 minutes before the scheduled start time, and will not begin until your online proctor has logged in. NOTE: If your proctor is late, please wait 5-15 minutes before contacting PSI.
Before the proctor can launch your exam, you will be asked to do the following:
- Download the Secure Browser (if not already done)
- Complete a system check of your computer microphone and web-camera
- Complete a 360-degree scan of your testing environment and your work area. This may require you to lift your laptop or PC if your webcam is not detachable.
- Submit a valid, correct form of ID
- Have your photograph taken*
*You must agree to have your photograph taken as part of the admission procedure; if you do not agree, you will not be admitted for the exam.
What happens if a Major/Minor Violation occurs?
ABNN certification exams are heavily monitored and many restrictions have been put in place while taking the exam to ensure the integrity of the exam is upheld, similar to a testing center experience. Please review this list of major and minor infractions prior to taking your exam. Candidates can make up to three minor infractions or one major infraction before the live remote proctor will end the exam.
If your exam is ended due to infractions, you will need to wait to apply for a future exam window. Depending on the violation, ABNN has the authority to restrict which exam window a candidate can apply for and may require candidates to test in-person. No refunds will be issued due to exam infractions.
Can I take a break?
You may take a break whenever you wish as long as you inform the proctor, however, your timer continues. Your exam is NOT paused during a break. During any break, you are not permitted to access personal items other than medication required at a specific time (unless you receive prior permission).
Another room sweep must be performed upon your return. Additionally, you will need to show ID when leaving and entering the online testing room.
What if I experience technical difficulties during the exam?
If you have completed a successful compatibility check, technical issues are unlikely, but not impossible. Sluggish or overloaded Wi-Fi is the most common problem. If you experience an issue, make an attempt to inform your proctor via live chat. If you are unable to connect, contact PSI Customer Service on that day. The PSI staff will be able to analyze your issue and set up a new testing time, free of charge. If you wait until the following day, contact ABNN.
When will I receive my score?
You will receive your score immediately upon completion of your LRP exam. A PASS or FAIL screen will be displayed upon completion of the exam. Additionally, a more detailed score report will be emailed to you. If you did not receive a score report upon completion of your exam, please contact PSI at– 855-340-0087.