Hospital Administrators—Why Should You Support the CNRN?
The demanding and competitive healthcare environment creates ever-increasing challenges for healthcare institutions. Patients, current and potential staff, the community, and regulators evaluate your institution’s commitment to excellence in nursing care. By demonstrating your investment in and commitment to the very best in nursing care, your institution’s image and competitive edge are bolstered.
For more information about certification and its benefits, download the American Board of Nursing Specialties (ABNS) Certification Bibliography from the ABNS website. This bibliography, updated yearly, provides a list of published sources that focus on nursing certification.
Make Your High Standards Known
Support for CNRN certification shows your dedication to the highest standards of neuroscience nursing care and excellence in clinical practice.
Certification testifies to the outstanding caliber of your nurses and promotes your commitment to neuroscience nursing, thereby making your institution more attractive to prospective nursing employees.
Having certified nurses may also aid in attaining and maintaining Magnet status (as awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center).
Ways to Support CNRN Certification
As a hospital administrator you can
- promote current CNRNs through public recognition of their achievement and support of their continuing education
- challenge and inspire the entire neuroscience nursing staff to sit for the CNRN examination
- provide financial and career development incentives to nurses who demonstrate commitment to their patients and profession via certification.
These actions will have a positive impact on nursing staff performance and satisfaction, while encouraging better outcomes for neurological patients. Furthermore, giving your neuroscience nurses the CNRN edge creates a valuable competitive advantage for your institution.
New ABNN Certification Toolkit
ABNN is proud to announce a new ABNN Certification Toolkit which provides education about the benefits of certification and justification for investment of budget dollars to support the development of nurses through certification. This toolkit provides the resources and recommendations for hospital administrators to support their nurses getting certified!
View the Certification Toolkit
Help your nurses earn the CNRN through the Hospital Registration Program
ABNN's Hospital Registration Program is an employer program designed to help nurses achieve neuroscience certification. Having CNRN- and SCRN-certified nurses on your staff is an excellent way to demonstrate to patients and their families that your hospital provides expert care. And don't forget, the CNRN and SCRN certifications aren't only for the nurses at the bedside. Consultants, educators, researchers, chief nursing officers (CNOs), and other roles who hold a current, unrestricted RN licensure also are eligible to take the exams.
Here are key details about the program:
- There is no minimum number of nurses required to test per year.
- There is no cost for employers to join.
- Nurses can test with no out-of-pocket fee.
- Enrolled employers pay monthly exam invoices after the nurse takes the exam. The employer receives a $100 discount for nurses who are unsuccessful in passing the examination.
- Nurses and employers receive free, ongoing program guidance to help promote the certifications.
- Enrolled employers also can receive group discounts on AANN's online Review Courses.
Learn more about the Hospital Registration Program