ADVANCE YOUR PRACTICE WITH STROKE NURSING CERTIFICATION
Expand your expertise in stroke nursing with the SCRN® certification, designed to promote excellence and professionalism in stroke patient care. As a stroke nurse, you can offer stroke patients hyperacute, acute, and post-acute care, as well as secondary and preventative care. With an SCRN certification, you can advance your career while providing better outcomes for your patients.
New ABNN Certification Toolkit
ABNN is proud to announce a new ABNN Certification Toolkit which provides education about the benefits of certification and justification for investment of budget dollars to support the development of nurses through certification. This toolkit provides the information necessary to make the case for CNRN or SCRN certification to executive leadership including sample letters requesting for support!
View the Certification Toolkit
Why earn the SCRN credential?
Join more than 6,500 SCRNs who have proven themselves capable of tending to the needs of patients recovering from stroke. The SCRN credential:
- demonstrates your credibility and professional distinction in your specialty area.
- provides the opportunity for career advancement and the potential for higher pay.
- can help provide such benefits to your hospital as attaining or keeping Magnet status.
To be eligible for the SCRN credential, you need:
- an active RN licensure
- 1 year of full-time direct or indirect stroke nursing experience (i.e., 2,080 hours) as an RN in the past 3 years at the time of application.
We know you’re busy and value flexibility—you can apply to sit for the SCRN exam for one of the three testing windows below:
- February 1–28, 2023 (application deadline: January 12, 2023).
- May 1–31, 2023 (application deadline: April 6, 2023).
- September 1-30, 2023 (application deadline: August 10, 2023).
Applications paid with check must be received (not postmarked) at the ABNN office by the deadline date.
Looking to recertify? As a recertifying SCRN, your application process is a little different. Submit your application no later than the most current recertification deadlines. You will not need to create a new user account on the ABNN site.
Curious about the SCRN exam? We have sample questions!
Let us know how to contact you by completing the form below and we'll send you SCRN sample questions to familiarize you with the SCRN exam.