This neuroscience nursing credential highlights the core knowledge you already have.
At ABNN, our top priority continues to be the health and safety of our staff, candidates, and the communities we service. We have been continuously monitoring the situation with Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and are in close communication with the CNRN and SCRN testing sites around the world. We recognize how challenging this is for those of you on the front line and appreciate all that you are doing to serve your patients and communities.
The Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse (CNRN®) is the only credential that represents an all-encompassing knowledge of and experience with fundamental neuroscience nursing concepts. If you treat patients with neurological trauma, chronic illnesses, tumors, infections, seizures, and other conditions in your daily practice, then the CNRN credential may be ideal for your career growth.
New ABNN Certification Toolkit
ABNN is proud to announce a new ABNN Certification Toolkit which provides education about the benefits of certification and justification for investment of budget dollars to support the development of nurses through certification. This toolkit provides the information necessary to make the case for CNRN or SCRN certification to executive leadership including sample letters requesting for support!
Why earn the CNRN credential?
Be one of 4,400+ CNRNs who have set themselves apart and proven their dedication to succeeding in any neuroscience nursing unit. The CNRN credential
- is an official marker that your core competency in neuroscience nursing is expansive and all-encompassing
- gives you a competitive edge and open new doors for career advancement
- is effective for a period of 5 years with options to renew your certification through continuing education (CE) or by retaking the CNRN exam.
To be eligible for the CNRN credential, you need
- an active RN licensure
- 1 year of full-time direct or indirect neuroscience nursing practice (i.e., 2,080 hours) as an RN in the past 3 years at the time of application.
We know you’re busy and value flexibility—you can apply to sit for the CNRN exam for one of the three testing windows below:
- March 1–31, 2022 (application deadline: February 10, 2022 at 5 p.m. Central Time).
- July 1–31, 2022 (application deadline: June 9, 2022 at 5 p.m. Central Time).
- October 1-31, 2022 (application deadline: September 8, 2022 at 5 p.m. Central Time).
Applications paid with check must be received (not postmarked) at the ABNN office by the deadline date.
Looking to recertify? As a recertifying CNRN, your application process is a little different. Submit your application no later than the most current recertification deadlines. You will not need to create a new user account on the ABNN site.
Let us know how to contact you by completing the form below and we'll send you CNRN sample questions to familiarize you with the CNRN exam.